Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Death of WoW

Don't worry, nothing killed it. It killed itself.

WoW right now is one of the most retarded MMO's on the market, and sadly, they're still one of the best despite that. But seriously. Wrath is one of the worst MMO expansions of all time. I've been playing WoW for a long time, I know my classes, I know how to PvP. I stood there free casting against a resto druid today. Just me and him. My gear isn't great, but I have 800 resilience and one of the worst level 80 ranged weapons in the game. The problem is that scaling is completely out of control. Vanilla, woulda had a chance. TBC, woulda had a chance and it would have been a very skill centric combat, even when resto druids were considered OP back in S3. In Wrath I have MS, MS is up 100% of the time for 40 seconds, that's 5 Aimed shots by the way. The druid doesn't drop below 95% health... 95% health. Full rotation, no movement on either of our parts, he's not even in ToL form, he's in fucking caster form.

Needless to say, the game is dead. Not just to me obviously, if you ask for Blizzards numbers you'll see just how low their subscriptions have gone. Even more interesting to look at would be just how low the average play time has gotten per account. I can't imagine it being much more than oh, 10 minutes a day on average. There aren't that many raiders. There were a lot of BG players. Now there's none. BG queues are 10 minutes long, nobody is playing.

Why is it so hard for Blizzard developers to understand what the community wants? Vehicle combat is horrible. SotA is horrible. IoC is horrible. You think they would have learned something about making BG's when everybody ranked EotS as their least favorite, and AV as on of their most favorite, BG's. Even the god damn broken AV was ranked higher than EotS.

Hey Blizzard. Guess what. IoC is nothing but another EotS. And it fucking blows. You developers should be ashamed of yourselves.

No comments: