Friday, May 1, 2009

This, that, and the other

So the rogue/priest duo for 2v2 has gotten some slight nerfs. Problems? Probably not enough. The mana burn change should help more than the blind sharing DR with fear change probably. At least for me since I run with a disc priest/ret combo and with two trinkets I can afford to break up CC chains that little bit easier. Will Ret/Priest dominate the charts? I doubt it. There just aren't enough of them compared to rogue/priest teams.

I'm done raiding so I don't have to worry about updating about that anymore. I went and bought Empire: Total War. I'm a little bit disappointed. The combat part is still ridiculously confusing, and honestly not worth my time to try and learn how to play. 1 hour limit on a match against a computer?! No thank you. I spend the entire time stuck in slow mode anyway since I'm trying to order troops around. And no, micro managing is not fun. I should probably just spend a little more time on it, but I love the campaign mode too much. Or at least I did in Medieval: Total War. 3d was a bad idea. Or whatever they call this wax figurine look. Honestly, the campaign map just looks confusing. The controls are still iffy as well. This is supposed to be a strategic game, but when you move a unit, you've moved a unit. Even if you didn't mean to. And there is no quick 'cancel/stop move' button either. You hit escape and nothing happens but the menu asks you if you want to quit the game. I give it a 7/10 honestly. It gains +'s because I love the context, but -'s for how horrible the interface is. The tutorial doesn't explain anything either. So yeah, 6/10, because after 10 hours of playing I still don't know about half the boxes. And what the hell happened to being allowed to tax places separately?! I can either not tax them at all, or I can tax them the same as the rest of the theater... honestly, what the hell were those developers thinking. That doesn't add realism, it adds retarded.

I'll still play the game, but 6/10. Which is sad, because Medieval: Total War was so good, but then they just screwed it up more and more with everything after it. I don't mention naval battles at all because TBH, I haven't felt like trying it after the Land battle is still the same mess it's always been. I'd much prefer a turn based option for land battle, then this real time waste.

No comments: