Monday, May 11, 2009

Empire... again, and some arena!

Well I wasn't able to return Empire: Total War. So... I'm still playing it. Though it's gotten even more boring as I've wrangled the remaining vestiges of fun from it. I recently downloaded a campaign mode mod that lets me play as any faction I want. That actually adds a good deal more fun to the game. Honestly, campaign mode is all about the first 30 years. Can you survive? Can you get a solid hold on your territory/ocean space? And then once you've done that it's rather cut and dry repeat repeat. Each nation in the first 30 years on the other hand is very different, and that's nice. Just the number of territories, starting location, etc. The mod is nice, though I can't remember the name of it at the moment, I want to say it was called "grand campaign"... but I think that's also the name of the campaign setting in the game... so anyway. I even got to play as the pirates. But since all the mod does is make different factions playable, a good portion of the factions still aren't all that playable. The Native Americans don't have access to higher technologies or units as the game progresses, because they were just never put into the game. The pirates can have a maximum of 6 units... and they're melee only... lol, so they're pretty much impossible to proceed with.

Did more 2v2 arena last night. We're up to about 70 games played or so for the season. Maybe it was 60. 54% win ratio. Not amazing, but much better than the first two weeks. Playing Sunday morning at 7am seemed like a good idea... until our 1800 MMR team went up against a 2400 rated MMR team. Obviously we didn't lose any points for that loss, but it was interesting. We lasted a good while, but I wasn't able to put out enough damage on the DK, nor reach his holy paladin healer due to the crazy amount of CC, and when the DK is sitting there doing practically aoe damage through disease spreading it really takes a toll on my healer. Though I suppose the best strategy would be to follow my healer till we get to a corner break, hof myself, turn and rotate onto the dk's healer, and then when hof wears off switch back onto the DK. I think I'll try that next time.

No comments: